Digboi Centenary (Assam Oil Industry) Museum, Tinsukia
Digboi Centenary Museum, Tinsukia ; An Unforgettable Walk Through 100 years of Oil =
Standing close to the Historic Discovery Well No.1 at Digboi, in close proximity to the vintage oil producing field of 1001 Wells, The Digboi Centenary Museum is first of it’s kind in India. As part of the centenary celebrations of the first production oil well in India, the Assam Oil Company (part of Indian Oil) established a museum of the history of the Assam oil industry, behind the refinery at Digboi, which opened in early 2002. There is a fair amount of preserved machinery present, much of it stationary steam.
Digboi Centenary Museum General Information For Visitors =
1. The Museum will remain open from Tuesday to Sunday, Monday Closed
2. The Museum will be open from 10.00am to 6.00pm
3. Tickets Rs.10/- per head. For Students in Groups carrying ID cards Concessional Tickets @Rs 5/-
4. Visitors are not permitted to carry their Possessions inside the Museum.
5. Photography is Not Allowed inside the Museum….
Below I have posted a few Pictures of Digboi Centenary Museum which is just a Glimpse the Museum. You can see the complete Photo Gallery in Tinsukia Online’s Facebook Fan Page by visiting this link. View Complete Photo Gallery.